Rotaract Club of Middle Tennessee State University
Tuesday, February 2, 2010
University Honors College 116, 6:00 pm
Facilitator: Joshua Fryer, President
The meeting began at approximately 6:15 pm. Joshua started by welcoming and thanking the two potential members, Matt Murray and Stuart Wright. He briefly explained the purpose and past activities of the Rotaract Club of MTSU such as the Soles for Souls shoe drive, the CAIRS bake sale, our KIVA account, the Second Harvest food drive, breakfast Rotary Club meetings, and club movie nights.
We immediately moved directly into the four committees of the Rotaract Club: Club Service, Community Service, International Service, and Professional Development. Instead of breaking into groups as we did at past meetings, we discussed plans for activities as a group. The plans are as follows:
· Replenish club account
· Hot Dog, Goodies, and Kool Aid Sale – February 23, 24
o Latashia volunteered her Sam’s Club card to assist with buying large amounts of items to sell
· Boys & Girls Club of Murfreesboro Supply and Game drive – beginning immediately
· Possible Soles for Souls drive – date undetermined
· Haiti Relief Bake Sale – March 16
· Dr. Karen Petersen, Assistant Professor of Political Science and Rotaract Club of MTSU advisor, as possible guest speaker on preparing for graduate school
Following the discussion of project ideas, Joshua moved on to the required election of new officers in April. He and Kaitlyn Jones, VP, are graduating in May, so electing a new President and VP is pertinent. Possible officers include: Anna Yacovone, Samantha Mallory, Latashia Cooper, and Lauren Walker. Others may run for an officer position, also.
Joshua concluded the meeting by announcing that we will meet again on Tuesday, February 9, in UH 116, in order to create posters to promote the Boys & Girls drive. We adjourned at 7:05 pm.
· General Meeting, Tuesday February 9, 6:00 pm, UHC 116
· Boys & Girls Club of Murfreesboro Supply and Game Drive, immediately, campus-wide
· Hot Dog, Goodies, and Kool-Aid Sale, February 23 & 24, KUC
· Haiti Relief Bake Sale, March 16, KUC
Facebook: Rotaract of MTSU
* NOTE: In our meeting I failed to mention that we need to start preparing for our 2nd annual Rotaract-International Students picnic, which we will host at the end of April.